Thursday, April 14, 2011

She Is For Sale..... (Silently Crying Inside)

So I decided to part with this gorgeous bedroom set... I am totally sad over it, but alas my little house in Sandy is just too small. It has caused me quite a bit of heart ache, and a small amount of tears, but it has to be done because I can't fit it. No matter how hard I try my daughters room just won't get bigger. I wanted to keep it pretty true to the original finish (minus the gold details) so I refinished it in the soft white, and glazed it with an antique glaze. The set is absolutely gorgeous. It is extremely well made, with solid wood, and dovetailed drawers. All the drawers open and slide smoothly. It has some of the most gorgeous details I have ever seen throughout the whole set. The set includes the full or double size headboard, footboard, rails, cross supports, two 3 drawer nightstands, a 5 drawer long dresser with mirror, and a tall armoire dresser. I will not split the set sorry. It has way to much history for me to feel okay with splitting it. It is approximately 80 years old. The mirror has the original leaded glass, and the whole set still has all of the original hardware. It is absolutely fabulous. I listed it on KSL this evening for $1000.00. It is well worth that, and much more. They don't make furniture like this anymore. Hopefully she can find a home with one of you!!!

Hope you adore her as much as I do!

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

1 comment:

  1. That turned out so incredibly beautiful. I am glad you kept it the white - it seems very fitting for this set. I would love to buy it - but I need 2 beds, no way those girls will do 1 bed again - like you, I wish I had somewhere to put it - I think 1,000 is a steal and have no doubt that it'll sell quickly for you! (this is me silently praying that the 2 headboard set you got ends up looking like this and in my price range... :)

    ReplyDelete